Tuesday, November 4, 2014

ARCH 653 Project 1
Parametric Modeling Practicing In Revit--Torre Agbar
For project one, I choose the Torre Agbar which is a landmark in Barcelona, Spain and it was completed in 2005. This tower was designed by Jean Nouvel. The height of Torre Agbar is 473 feet with 31 floors above the ground


Its façade is made of 4500 windows, and its skin colors are 40 variations of red and blue. 

Additionally, the outside skin of this tower is made of 59000 glass louvers which can be placed at different angles.

    
Before modeling, I analyzed the floor plan and sections from the internet. The shape of floor plans are  regular ellipses, however after analyzed the sections I found the size of ellipses become smaller from 15th floor. And the top of the tower is a dome which base shape is ellipse.








Now I start modeling the tower in Rrvit.
First, because the façade of building keeps going straight before reaching the 15th floor, I choose 1st 7th 15th 25th 31st floors as the typical floors to create mass model. I create an ellipse mass for the floor and add parameters to control length of two basic ellipse axis. And I will add formulas to control the size of smaller ellipse floors: basic axis * factor. Thus the form of this tower can be created as a bullet.




Second, I will work on the first skin panel and the second skin panel, and add the parameter to control these panels. 


In the mass model, I divided the surface into rectangular unit. After that I can add the panels on my tower skin.  


After finish the mass model, I also create 31th floor which has celling, floor, doors, windows and furniture and I render it.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment